Monday, October 14, 2013

New sword

Those who know me know that I tend to dabble in the martial arts. This basically means that I take a few classes but I'm really not all that dangerous. The extent of my martial arts skills are to scare the shit out of a mugger who has never taken a lesson in his life. (But really do you need much more?) 

So wanting to be in better shape I ordered a bokken (Wooden practice sword ) from eBay. It arrived today.. I took it out and started to practice. The neighbors are now convinced my last name is Adams. 

----
1 week later 
So part of my personal training is to do sword cuts. This sounds easy at first. You hold the sword over your head. Draw all the way back then come down hard till the blade is just about eye level while keeping control repete till your arms and shoulders hurt. So far I can go 130 rounds . 

No comments:

Post a Comment